General instructions for installing from source (advanced users)¶
- Install python 3.X (if it isn’t already installed), RAW is tested on 3.7 and 3.8.
- Install python3 development tools and gcc (if they are not already installed).
- Install the following python packages (version indicated if less than most recent):
- Download RAW source code from sourceforge ( https://sourceforge.net/projects/bioxtasraw/files)
- Extract RAW to a directory of your choice.
- In the top level RAW directory run
python setup.py build_ext --inplaceto build the extensions.
- In the
Notes for python 2 installation¶
As of version 2.0.0, RAW is Python 3 compatible. The last guaranteed Python 2 compatible version of RAW is 2.0.0. However, it may still be possible to install RAW for Python 2. A few additional notes for that:
- Additional dependencies:
- Required version of pyFAI is 0.17