General instructions for installing from source (advanced users)¶
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ 14.2 Standalone: Build Tools for Visual Studio 2019
- Install Python 3.X (if it isn’t already installed) and add it to your system path (tested on 3.7 and 3.8).
- Install the following Python packages (version indicated if less than most recent):
- Download the RAW source file (
x.y.zis the version number) from sourceforge ( https://sourceforge.net/projects/bioxtasraw)
- Extract RAW to a directory of your choice.
- In the top level RAW directory run
python setup.py build_ext --inplaceto build the extensions.
- In the
Notes for python 2 installation¶
As of version 2.0.0, RAW is Python 3 compatible. The last guaranteed Python 2 compatible version of RAW is 2.0.0. However, it may still be possible to install RAW for Python 2. A few additional notes for that:
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable and Visual C++ Compiler for Python.
- Install Python 2.7
- Additional dependencies:
- Required version of pyFAI is 0.17