Using a prebuilt installer¶
The recommend way to install RAW on Windows is using a prebuilt installer. To install
from a prebuilt installer, simply download the
x.y.z is the version number) file from sourceforge (
and double click it to run the installer.
- Because the RAW team is an ‘unknown’ developer, you will probably see some security warnings when you install RAW. When you do, just give the installer and program permission to run on your computer.
- RAW is used by (relatively) few people, which means some virus scanners may not have seen
the RAW software before. Occasionally virus scanners will mark a file (typically
RAW.exe) as a threat (it will usually be in the ‘general malware’ category). If this happens, please do the following:
- Upload the file to https://www.virustotal.com/ and see if any other virus scanners identify it as a virus (it is always possible someone hijacked the installer somehow!).
- If most or all of the virus scanners on virustotal.com clear the file, make an exception for it in your virus scanner.
- Contact the RAW developers, so we can report the false identification to the virus scanner company and get the file whitelisted in future definitions files.