General instructions for installing from source (advanced users)¶
- Install a standalone version of python 3.7 (recommended, not required).
- Install the following python packages (most recent version of each recommended):
- matplotlib < 3.2
- wxpython < 4.1
- Download the latest RAW sourcecode from sourceforge ( https://sourceforge.net/projects/bioxtasraw)
- Extract RAW to a directory of your choice.
- In the top level RAW directory run
python setup.py build_ext --inplaceto build the extensions.
- In the
- If you have problems, please consult the detailed installation guide and the solutions to common problems below. If that doesn’t help, please contact the developers.
Notes for python 2 installation¶
As of version 2.0.0, RAW is Python 3 compatible. The last guaranteed Python 2 compatible version of RAW is 2.0.0. However, it may still be possible to install RAW for Python 2. A few additional notes for that:
- Additional dependencies:
- Required version of pyFAI is 0.17